If you have a "next big thing" in mind you want to do because you know it will be awesome (starting the business, making the big move, launching the nonprofit, writing the book) but are afraid of doing what it would take to make that thing happen, then you should read this book. It's free on amazon
- No matter WHAT or WHO is out there, he or it doesn't "care" if you define "care" in terms of life and death. Nobody is special. Nobody gets a pass.
- Everything dies. Everything. You were born with a terminal disease, just like everything else that has ever existed.
- If you knew how small you are and how short a time you have to do what you can, you wouldn't waste time watching five fucking hours of TV a day.
- Realize that time will never stop. NEVER. You will never be younger again. It's like being on a train with no stops that's always leading you farther and farther from home... or closer and closer to home, depending on how you look at it.
- Do yourself a favor, right now, and realize two things:
- You will keep getting older, and then you will die.
- Everything that's ever entered your experience has lasted and will continue to last for only a brief moment in the life of the universe.
- So stop wondering what it all means and how you'll possibly ever do X and what people will think, and get on with your life already. Stop being a pussy and go do something amazing.
- Even though the universe doesn't care enough to give you what you want, it doesn't care enough to stop you from having it, either. So embrace that anarchy, and take those things for yourself.
- Your life is a one-way train, and any second you waste is a second lost forever.
- You are that beetle on the streets of New York. The universe doesn't hate you, but it doesn't love you, either. You're just an atom in its infinite workings. The universe doesn't care if you live, die, suffer, or thrive.
- If you're worried about death and about your own end, don't. It's coming whether you like it or not. You will either arrive at the end of your life in style or you will arrive broken and beaten, but whichever way you choose, have no doubt that you WILL ARRIVE.
- There is only now. If you have power, it's now. If you can change anything, you have to do it now. If you want to be or to have that next great thing, be it. Have it. Take it. Own it. Do it. Become it.
- Be awesome. Do epic shit.
- Do it now. The clock is ticking.