I recently installed datadog mostly because I wanted to get the awesome t-shirt. There was no official guide for Archlinux and It took me some time to get it up and running so I I'm making this little tutorial to guide others.
Step By Step Process
- Download the data-dog agent from the AUR repository here https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/datadog-agent. If you don't konw how to install AUR packages, You can checkout this official tutorial https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_packages. Personally, I use an awesome package manager called
- After installing the datadog agent, Sigin in to your datadog account online and visit https://app.datadoghq.com/account/settings#agent/ubuntu
- On the page above, click on the button which says
If you prefer to see the installation step-by-step, click here.
- Run the command
sudo sh -c "sed 's/api_key:.*/api_key: fb18e8da2c4fd951e721a99152275025/' /etc/datadog-agent/datadog.yaml.example > /etc/datadog-agent/datadog.yaml"from your console.
- Restart the datadog agent service with the command
sudo systemctl restart datadog-agent.service
- Visit http://127.0.0.1:5002 on your browser to open the datadog-agent-manager.